Exclusive Use Wedding Venue?
How to choose your wedding venue
Whether you’re newly engaged or have been thinking about booking a wedding venue for your wedding, you should consider some aspects: first if hold it in Exclusive use or Not-Exclusive use. As you’ll realise, there’s a variety of wedding venues, each offering a unique experience for your special day.
Exclusive use guarantees you your privacy for the duration of your wedding day. You’ll generally receive sole exclusivity of a wedding venue, the grounds, the staff and anything else that you require, for a full 24 hours. On the other hand, hiring a blank canvas wedding venue could mean that you need to bring in every wedding supplier yourself; from the tables, chairs, linen, catering team and more. Where as other wedding venues will provide everything for you – unless you have specific requirements.
Here are the benefits of exclusive wedding venue hire:
- You’ll have the possibility to get ready at the wedding venue before heading off to get married in a church, before returning to the venue as a married couple.
- Hire suppliers in to decorate the wedding venue to your own taste.
- Your quote will include everything from venue hire to food & drink, bedrooms, service, VAT and more, so that there should be no hidden extras.
- You won’t have the fear of strangers gate-crashing your wedding reception.
- If your chosen exclusive use wedding venue offers accommodation, then you won’t need to travel anywhere at the end of the night.
- Everything can be held in one place, so no need to worry about guests having to drive around after the ceremony if you choose to get married at the venue.
- Enjoy the use of the venue and grounds for a private wedding photography session without the fear of anyone loitering in the background.
When choosing, here are some factors to take into account.
The location of your wedding venue, regardless of whether you choose to hire exclusively or not, is essential. Think about your family and friends in terms of travelling to your wedding venue. And, think about them again when your wedding comes to an end and they have to travel home (if they’re not staying close by). Plus, if you’re getting married in a local church you’ll need to consider transport and the logistics of getting your guests to and from the venue after the ceremony.
You may find that hiring an exclusive use wedding venue may cost a fraction more than a hotel wedding or a non-exclusive hire wedding venue; but think about the benefits that we’ve just explained above. If you decide early on in your wedding planning that you’re both set on hiring an exclusive use wedding venue, but your budget doesn’t quite stretch, consider extending your wedding date in order to save for longer, or, get married sooner and perhaps benefit from a last-minute offer. Most wedding venues will only require a deposit to secure your chosen wedding date in the first instance and the rest of the money is generally paid in installments before the big day (depending on how soon your wedding date falls).
Hiring a wedding venue with accommodation on-site will be a big relief when your actual wedding day comes to an end. In the past, couples used to head straight off on their honeymoon from the venue – therefore not necessarily needing the requirement for accommodation. However, these days newlyweds like to extend their wedding celebration and head off on their honeymoon either the following week, or in the future if they need more time to save up. A wedding venue with on-site accommodation will enable you to prepare for your big day in the bridal suite before hand and tumble into bed once you’ve bid farewell to your wedding guests. You may also be able to enjoy breakfast together with your overnight guests the following morning if your exclusive use wedding venue includes it.
Here at TDT we believe that hiring an exclusive use wedding venue not only gives couples complete peace of mind on their wedding day, but that the venue becomes their own home for the day, therefore, offering a calm, relaxed and more enjoyable environment in which to host the most exciting day ever.